SMI Tom Hughes Collaboration Award
Tom Hughes was a long-recognized supply chain leader and tireless innovator, pioneer, and creator who was at the forefront of promoting the power of provider-supplier collaborations to create impactful and lasting positive change in the industry. The SMI Tom Hughes Collaboration Award has been established to recognize efforts that involve both supply chain trading partners successfully collaborating to bring innovation, discovery, and improvements to the healthcare supply chain.
The award recognizes members of the SMI community who have successfully collaborated to solve a problem together and achieved measurable results. Awards will be presented annually at the Fall Forum as determined by the Tom Hughes Collaboration Award Committee.
Congratulations to the 2023 Tom Hughes collaboration award winners:
Pictured (left to right) Jane Pleasants, Executive Director, SMI; Matt Brandt, CEO, Casechek; Gary Fennessy, Vice President & Chief Supply Chain Officer, Northwestern Medicine; Mike Hopkins, Vice President of Supply Chain Distribution & Logistics; Betsy Wormet, Senior Vice President, Marketing, Casechek; Alisha Beringer, Director of Supply Chain Distribution and Logistics, Northwestern Medicine; and Steve Gundersen, SMI Past-Chair.
A message from northwestern medicine ceo and casechek ceo
Howard Chrisman, MD, CEO of Matt Brandt, CEO of Casechek
SMI Tom Hughes Collaboration Award 2023 Honorable Mention goes to:
2022 Tom Hughes collaboration award winners:
Pictured (left to right): Dave Roberts, Senior Vice President & President, US Market at Medtronic, Tom Lubotsky, Vice President of Supply Chain at Allina Health and Steve Gundersen, SMI Board Chair.
WATCH THE CEOS OF aLLINA HEALTH & MEDTRONIC CONGRATULATE THE WINNERS!
SMI Tom Hughes Collaboration Award 2022 Honorable Mention goes to:
Tom Hughes Collaboration Award Application Details
AWARD ELIGIBILITY (To be considered):
- SMI provider and industry partner members are co-applicants in good standing who work collaboratively to solve a real-world problem or challenge
- A single member organization of SMI that demonstrates consistent and innovative collaboration with their partners
- An individual SMI member who exemplifies outstanding collaborative spirit
- A completed application by August 15th
- Complexity of problem being solved
- Effectiveness and ability to measure results/benefits
- Sustainability of the collaboration
- Identification of best practice and innovation for the industry
RECIPIENTS WILL RECEIVE:
- Exclusive invitation to share this collaboration story with the entire SMI community at the Fall Forum
- Ability to bring additional executive leaders from member organizations to the Forum
- SMI press release to media contacts and a PR template and photos for internal and external use
- Posting on the SMI web site
- August 15, 2023 for Fall 2023